There are many kinds of servers in the market to satisfy your business needs. Get to know the factors that define a reliable & trusted the dedicated server.
In the technologically advanced age, servers play a crucial role in the world of internet.
Moreover, if anyone is planning to create a website for their business, choosing a suitable hosting server is of utmost necessity, so that people could access your website easily. A hosting server can save up on your time & money effectively. There are many kinds of servers like shared hosting, dedicated server hosting, virtual private hosting & many more. But selecting the right dedicated hosting server may be an overwhelming task. Before taking a final decision, you would definitely want to think over twice so that there are no consequences in the future.
Let us look into some of the factors to be remembered before you choose a particular dedicated server:
- Technology- If you have an inclination towards an open source system, you must select a Linux server. Open source system uses software like php, apache, mysql or Ruby on Rails. Hosting on ASP.NET cipher, MS SQL server or using Microsoft IIS would require you to choose Microsoft Windows dedicated server.
- RAM- Whether you require a dedicated server in France or a dedicated server in Canada, always check whether the dedicated server is able to provide you with plenty of RAM or not. High storage capacity is essential for data storage purpose; all your official data are stored in your server safely & you don’t need to worry about running out of storage every time you store data. Power ravenous technique stacks such as Windows, Java or Ruby would need a server with abundant RAM.
- Bandwidth & performance- Applications such as game or chat servers may need multi-processor servers like Xeon server. Moreover, if your aim is to host multimedia, pictures & others, select a dedicated server provider with excellent pace & performance.
- Managed servers- It is advisable to select a managed server rather than an unmanaged server, especially if you do not need the proficiency of a system manager. By doing so you can concentrate more on your organization. Besides, managed dedicated servers come with their own advantages. These are: operating costs are lowered, no need for extra support staff, expertise & security, server monitoring, all-time support & last but not the least, availability of backup option.
- Business needs- Your business is your primary concern, a priority when it comes to choosing the right dedicated server. First & foremost, understand your business needs, whether your company is a startup, a small organization or e-commerce. Then consider the other factors like disaster recuperation, administration of big files, PCI compliance, security, high accessibility & other services.
- Cost- Servers of any type are undoubtedly expensive. But look for a server type that will provide maximum benefits at a fair price. It is an intelligent choice to go for a server that is expensive but it is worth for all the functionalities it comes with. In this case, it is definitely a dedicated server. But still, it is advisable to consider a few factors related to cost when choosing a dedicated server. These are: whether tax is involved or not in the monthly cost, the software licensing charges, the cost of upgrades & components, scalability & the downtime charges.
- Support- Any reputed server provider will offer you the advantage of having a 24*7*365 customer support option. Any user can contact the server providers to solve any queries or complaint about the service. So check whether the dedicated server provider has this facility or not.
- Control panel- Often various server hosting providers involve their individual control panel, it is wiser to select a service provider that has an accepted panel like cPanel, Plesk or WHM so that your sites would not face any grave issues, even when you drift.
Conclusion- Thus it is important to have these points in mind when you are planning to purchase a dedicated server in California, Italy or India.