Speed is an important aspect of a dedicated server. With these ways, you can have high-speed loading & display which is the key to a better performing website.
Dedicated servers have become one of the most in-demand choices to satisfy all kinds of online needs. One of the most important factors that should determine your choice of a dedicated server is speed. Nowadays, everyone wants fast-loading & display; nobody has the time to wait for the page to load for 10 seconds! There are various ways by which you can increase the speed of your UK’s dedicated server or a server used in other places.
These are the ways by which you can increase the speed of your dedicated server in UAE or elsewhere & enjoy high-speed loading.
- Enable caching- Caching is regarded as the biggest speed boosting step while optimizing your server. By doing so, you will be able to cut the load time by more than 50% in many of the sites that are managed. With caching, the server does not have to spend time fetching files from the disk & database values, carrying out the application code & assembling the result into an HTML page each time a page is refreshed. The server can just take a processed result & send it to the visitor. Besides, there are four locations where the cache can be enabled. These are OpCode cache, memory cache, HTTP cache & application cache. Any of these caches can undoubtedly improve your speed.
- Setup a fast reverse proxy- When your server sends HTML files to a visitor’s browser, it can happen that another visitor can also request the same file. Normally, your dedicated server in Japan or at other places fetches the scripts from the disk, executes it, fills in the data and assembles the HTML file. But it would be much easier & faster to just send that file from memory & this is what an HTTP reverse proxy does. It is positioned between your server & the visitors so that if a second customer asks for the same file, it can quickly fetch the file from the memory. Some of the popular web servers that can be used as a reverse proxy are Nginx, Varnish & Lighttpd.
- Choose the right application server- Many application owners are known to use apps that are installed by default in their servers. VPS, Cloud & dedicated server owners are often unaware of the differences & try to optimize their site code to fix speed issues. All you need is just changing the application server, tweak the settings to match the site load & enable cache. By doing these, you can improve application load speeds to a great extent. & this will surely bring about improvement in your Japan’s or other place’s server performance.
- Fine tune your web server- As your site traffic varies & the complexity changes, your web server settings also need to be changed to maintain the perfect resource usage. It is advisable to have your web servers audited once a month in case you have a busy site with constant updates.
- Turn on HTTP/2- HTTP/2 is regarded as a satisfactorily recent development & all web servers right now use HTTP protocol v1.1 by default. But they have support for HTTP v2 which is the recent version & has numerous improvements for performance. The ways by which HTTP/2 improves server response time are:
- Using a single connection instead of time-consuming parallel connections to transfer files.
- Transferring important files first to complete a page.
- Using compression to speed up header transfer.
- Using binary data instead of bulky text data transfer.
- “PUSH”ing all files needed to render a page before it is requested by the browser. It saves valuable seconds in sites using multiple CSS, JS, and images (which is basically all modern sites).
- Fix your DNS query speed- If you are observant enough, you must know that Google wants your server to respond in 200 milliseconds! & this speed is easily threatened by none other than DNS queries. Your site’s DNS should respond in 30 milliseconds or less but many sites go beyond the 200 ms mark for DNS resolution. The main hurdle here is the distance; the more the distance between the browser & the DNS server, the more time for execution will be taken. Thus fixing your DNS query speed will also enhance your server speed located in UK or elsewhere.
Conclusion- Thus to enjoy the best benefits of a dedicated server, make sure that you have applied these tips to have the better speed for your website.